Try this activity with your kids!
You know who your parents are: they could be the people that you’ve always remembered looking up to. They may have adopted you. They may even be parents you chose as your own. But who came before them?
This month as we celebrate our heritage, we have assigned you a mission: find out more about your ancestors. They may have the same middle or first name as you, or they may have totally different names than you. Fill this out and ask any relatives or friends if they can tell you something about each person. Good luck on your mission!
Before we fill out your tree, let’s dig a little deeper!
- What do you call your parents? (I call mine mama and papa)
- What do you call your grandparents?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What language do you speak at home?
- Does your family speak another language? If so, what language?
- Where did your parents grow up? What city?
- How about your grandparents?
- What generation are you (in America)?